1. Sieve the dry ingredients together (except the flaked almonds)
2. Whisk the eggs
3. Cream the butter and sugar
4. Beat the eggs and dry ingredients into the butter until light and homogenised
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 1700C for approximately 25 minutes until golden on the top
6. Melt the apricot jam and gently brush over the top
7. Serve warm with crème fraîche or vanilla ice cream
Chef’s notes: We use a silicone mould but you could use muffin cases or make a cake in a 24cm springform cake tin (you will need to adjust the cooking time).