This is a lovely torte that is not too sweet and can be served as dessert with seasonal fruit compote or just as an indulgence with an afternoon coffee. It also happens to be vegan and gluten free!
400g Coconut milk
75g Dark cocoa powder
100g Gluten free self raising flour
125g Caster sugar
1 tsp Ground cinnamon
450g Chestnut puree (unsweetened)
What to do:
1. Prepare your tin by lining with baking parchment paper.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 150c.
3. Beat together the coconut milk, cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon & chestnut puree until smooth.
4. Sieve on the flour and fold in.
5. Spoon into your prepared tin and bake in the pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes until set in the middle.
6. Allow to cool completely before removing from the tin.
Gradually add in the egg.
7. Serve with seasonal fruit compote.